- LTRC, IIIT,
- AP, INDIA 500032
Phd participant and research lecturer in the Language Technologies Research Center (LTRC) at IIIT-Hyderabad. I'm part of the Phd Research Exchange Program at IIIT and spend some time at IRCS, University of Pennsylvania to work with Prof. Aravind Joshi. I work in the area of Natural Language Processing (NLP) and am particularly interested in natural language parsing, computational grammar formalisms, semantic analysis and natural language generation. My advisors are Prof. Aravind Joshi and Prof. Rajeev Sangal.
- Pursuing Phd from IIIT-Hyderabad, 2007-
- MS By Research (in NLP) from IIIT-Hyderabad, 2005-2007
- BTech (Honours in NLP) from IIIT-Hyderabad, 2001-2005
- Download it here.
- Transferring Syntactic Relations Using Alignments on Local Word Groups . Proceedings of the International Joint Conference on NLP (IJCNLP). Chiang Mai, Thailand. 2011. Aswarth Dara, Prashanth Mannem, Hemanth Sagar Bayyarapu.
- A New Approach to Ranking Over-generated Questions. Proceedings of the AAAI Symposium on Question Generation. Arlington, VA, USA. 2011. Claire Mcconnell, Prashanth Mannem, Rashmi Prasad, Aravnd Joshi.
- Partial Parsing from Bitext Projections. Proceedings of ACL-HLT. Portland, USA. 2011. Prashanth Mannem, Aswarth Dara.
- Automatic Gap-fill Question Generation from Text Books. In 6th Workshop on Innovative Use of NLP for Building Educational Applications held at ACL-HLT. Portland, USA. 2011. Manish Agarwal, Prashanth Mannem.
- Automatic Question Generation using Discourse Cues. In 6th Workshop on Innovative Use of NLP for Building Educational Applications held at ACL-HLT. Portland, USA. 2011. Manish Agarwal, Rakshit Shah and Prashanth Mannem.
- Empty Categories in Hindi Dependency Treebank: Analysis and Recovery. In 5th Linguistic Annotation Workshop (LAW V) held at ACL-HLT. Portland, USA. 2011. Chaitanya GSK, Samar Husain and Prashanth Mannem.
- The ICON-2010 Tools Contest on Indian Language Dependency Parsing. Proceedings of ICON-2010 tools contest. Kharagpur, India. 2010. Samar Husain, Prashanth Mannem, Bharat Ambati and Phani Gadde.
- Question Generation from Paragraphs at UPenn: QGSTEC System Description . Proceedings of the Third Workshop on Question Generation. Pittsburgh, USA. 2010. Prashanth Mannem, Rashmi Prasad and Aravind Joshi . slides
- Bidirectional Dependency Parser for Hindi, Bangla and Telugu. NLP Tools Contest, International Conference on NLP (ICON-2009). Hyderabad, India. 2009. Prashanth Mannem. slides
- LTAG-spinal Treebank and Parser for Hindi. Proceedings of International Conference on NLP (ICON-2009). Hyderabad. 2009. Prashanth Mannem, Aswarth Abhilash and Akshar Bharati. slides
- Insights into Non-projectivity in Hindi. Proceedings of ACL-IJCNLP Student Research Workshop. Singapore. 2009. Prashanth Mannem, Himani Chaudhry and Akshar Bharati. slides
- A Karaka-based Dependency Annotation Scheme for English. Proceedings of the CICLing-2009. Mexico City, Mexico. 2009. Ashwini Vaidya, Samar Husain, Prashanth Mannem and Dipti Misra Sharma.
- Bidirectional Dependency Parser Trained on the Turin University Treebank. Proceedings of the EVALITA 2007 Workshop. Rome, Italy. 2007. Special issue of Intelligenza Artifiziale, volume IV(2), pages 48-49. Lucas Champollion, Prashanth Mannem and Livio Robaldo.
- Online Learning for Deterministic Dependency Parsing. Proceedings of the CoNLL Shared Task Session of EMNLP-CoNLL. Prague, Czech Republic. 2007. Prashanth Mannem.
- Introduction to Shallow Parsing Contest on South Asian Languages. Proceedings of the IJCAI Workshop On Shallow Parsing for South Asian Languages. Hyderabad, India. 2007. Akshar Bharati and Prashanth R. Mannem.
- Inferring Semantic Roles Using Sub-Categorization Frames and Maximum Entropy Model. Proceedings of the CoNLL Shared Task Session of CoNLL. Ann Arbor, Michigan. 2005. Akshar Bharati, Sriram Venkatapathy and Prashanth Reddy Mannem.
- A fond traveller and an amateur photographer. I enjoy history and places of historical importance. I'm also into long distance running.