Current Office Number: +91-40-23001969 Ext. 157
Permanent Mobile Number: +91-9885217001
B2-101, Research Building (Vindhya Bhavan), IIIT Hyderabad.
You may not find me here, anymore!
Preferred mode of contact is email.
I'm an independent researcher in the areas of Information Extraction and Retrieval and I usually have deeper interests in Automated Text Summarization. This interest rooting from my masters thesis on the topic, which I defended in December 2009 to graduate from the MS (by Research) course at International Institute of Information Technology, Hyderabad. At IIIT-Hyderabad, I worked in Search and Information Extraction Lab of Language Technologies Research Centre. My Thesis Advisor was Dr Vasudeva Varma and I used to work closely with Dr Prasad Pingali, who was my Mentor.
- CICLing 2010 papers on GEMS: Generative Modeling for Evaluation of Summaries and Quantitative Evaluation of Grammaticality of Summaries.
- NAACL-HLT 2010 paper on On Automated Evaluation of Readability of Summaries: Capturing Grammaticality. Withdrawn in favor of the fuller version of the paper at CICLing 2010.
I have successfully defended my thesis titled "Automated Text Summarization: On Baselines, Query-Bias and Evaluations!".
More details on my Thesis are available on my thesis-page.
- Conference Attendance
- In 2009, I had a publication at ACL-IJCNLP 2009 and I attended the conference.
I also attended ICON 2009 in December 2009.
- In 2008, I have attended IJCNLP, ICON.
- In 2007, my first year in to the research world I had been fortunate to attend IJCAI 2007, for which I was student volunteer.
ICON 2007 was also lucky to be colocated with IJCAI and I attended it too.
For a list of publications see here..
My Resume is available here.
Areas of Interest:
- Near interests :
- Text Summarization and Question Answering
- Information Retrieval & Extraction
- Personalization in general and especially of Summarization & QA
- Human Factors in Intelligent Systems & Human Computer Interaction
- Language Modeling and estimation
- Far interests :
- Understanding Discourse in Texts
Webpage Last updated: January 30th 2010